A thermally insulated aluminium core system - the AW55 is ultra slim and internally reinforced with aluminium which includes discreetly locked on timber and aluminium profile faces with no need for beading clips and is fully reversible.
10 Year Manufacturers Warranty
10 Year Insurance Backed Warranty
25 Product Warranty
£1,000 Security Warranty
AW55 Aluminium & Timber Bifold Door
Key Features as Standard
Safety & Security Features
Weather & Thermal Efficiency
The AW55 bifold door forms part of the new 65 series - the next generation in door and window systems from FSDC Global.
A system with an internal thermally insulated aluminium core for increased strength and rigidity, and where the finished chosen material (profile) is then bonding around, and in the case of AW55, it’s ‘Aluminium & Wood’.
This system eliminates the need for beading clips and is fully reversible - so you can choose to have timber to the internal face or external face and vice versa for the aluminium side, something the AW73 doesn’t offer.
The thermally insulated inner core and track profiles provide a product that is thermally efficient and will help ensure your home stays the right temperature throughout the year, keeping your heating and cooling bills low, saving you money.
The AW55 bifold door combines the warmth and character of natural timber and the low maintenance, strong, durable properties of aluminium.
This combination proves extremely popular as it achieves both a clean modern look with a more traditional appearance, and you get to decide which way round it goes!
Although this slim AW55 frame has a tighter stacking space and a lighter feel compared to the heavier AW65 version, it doesn’t lose any of the benefits.
Just as durable and strong and although used mainly for interior doors they are just as weather tight and secure.
The AW55 is bespoke made to your exact requirements - meaning you get to specify; dimensions, product style, opening style, configuration, colour, finish, hardware, thresholds, glass specification, glazing options, magnetic stops, ventilation and internal blinds, and is equally ideal for both residential and commercial use.
A matching range of windows and door products are available to complement the AW55 bifold door.
BS EN 14351-1: 2006
FSC - Environmentally sourced timber from sustainable forests
- Available in any RAL colour, special colour/texture, anodised colour, or dual colour option/natural stain/unfinished timber
- Anti-rot and anti-fungal treated frames
- Available with or without external cill
- Buying direct from the manufacturer
- Child friendly/fitted with finger safe gaskets
- Choice of nine threshold (bottom track) options
- Contemporary modern and traditional appearance combined
- Dual running (top and bottom) rollers for even weight distribution
- Easy to operate - effortlessly smooth
- Environmentally sourced timber from sustainable forests
- Finger safe gaskets - so no need to worry about fingers getting caught
- Hard wearing powder coated finish/resistant to scratching & denting
- Factory sprayed with long life, low maintenance finishes
- Inward and outward opening options
- Low threshold - zero trip hazard/Approved Document M Disabled Access
- Marine treatment available for salt water environments
- Mechanical life expectancy of up to 25 years
- Matching range of windows and doors available
- No nailed on glazing beads
- Secure roller system, encapsulated within the track
- Security hinges - non surface mounted
- Slim flat handles for reduced stacking for when the doors are in use
- Slim sightline of just 130mm (60/5/5/60)
- Thicker than standard aluminium walls for greater strength
- Corner posts can be incorporated to produce corner openings
- In-line out of sight track offering a practical functionality
- Marine treatment available for salt water environments
- Outlet Water escape
- Pull handle(s), to enable ease of operation and easy closing
- Resistant to scratching and denting
- Robust hardware using our own ‘Fold N Slide’ hardware range
- Steel wheels sealed bearings for maintenance free use
- Structurally strong - built to last
- Thicker, stronger aluminium profiles than most competitors
- Trickle Ventilation, to satisfy building regulations
- Five point multi-locking to access door with ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) security cylinders
- Three star diamond ABS TS007 euro cylinders (anti-snap, anti-pick, anti-bump, anti-drill)
- Encapsulated rollers/running gear within the track, preventing it from being attacked
- End panels and access doors are fitted with high security locking mechanisms
- Hardened steel hook locks and dead bolts
- No bead system
- Option of key locking shoot-bolts are available for added security and external access
- Passed tests equivalent to a twenty stone man trying to force entry
- Tongue and groove (interlocking) door panels to prevent lever opening
- Security hinges (non face fixed) to prevent the pins from being removed and the hinge being forced from the door
- Shoot bolts - Top and bottom, locate directly into both top and bottom track
- Stronger/thicker (1.75mm) aluminium profile
- High performance seals/gaskets
- PVC Nitrile (synthetic rubber) gaskets, fitted as standard and used to seal the double glazed units into the panels and protect the door from water ingress
- PVC Nitrile seals between each panel (including top and bottom of the panel) to prevent water, wind and noise from entering the property
- Tested for water ingress, wind resistance and air permeability
- Weather head drip bar - moulded top profile
The main properties of PVC Nitrile is its outstanding heat, acoustic and thermal resistances.
- No condensation
- Super Spacer® bars fitted as standard to glass units
- Thermally insulated aluminium profiles
- Thermally insulated aluminium track
- U-Value of complete unit from 1.52 W/m2k
- UKAS PAS23 weather tested
- Weather tested to over 300 pascals
|Frame width:||60mm / 2⅜in|
|Frame depth:||53mm / 2in|
|Maximum opening width:||18300mm / 60ft|
|Maximum opening height:||3000mm / 10ft|
|Panel height range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 3000mm / 10ft|
|Panel width range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 2100mm / 7ft|
|Material:||Aluminium outer / Wood inner reversible|
|Stock colours:||RAL colour or stain|
|Optional colours:||Any RAL colour or stain/dual colour|
|U-Value of complete unit - W/m2k:||TBC|
|U-Value of centre pane (Glass) - W/m2k:||TBC|
|U-Factor of complete unit - Btu/h·ft²·°F:||TBC|
|Guarantee (Product):||Up to 25 years|
|Guarantee (Manufacturers):||10 years|
|Aluminium thickness:||1.75mm / 1/16in|
|Glass units, standard:||30mm / 1 3/16in double glazed, low-E tempered|
|Glass units, optional:||Triple glazing, laminated, anti-sun tinting (grey, bronze, green and blue), Turtle Glass, Krypton Gas|