Slimline, Reinforced Core
Ultra slim aluminium reinforced Hardwood Timber Bifold Door- Improved strength, stability and acoustic properties.
10 Year Manufacturers Warranty
10 Year Insurance Backed Warranty
25 Product Warranty
£1,000 Security Warranty
RW55 Aluminium & Timber Bifold Door
Key Features as Standard
Safety & Security Features
Weather & Thermal Efficiency
Slim Aluminium Reinforced Hardwood Timber - Traditional look with modern technology. The RW55 bifold door forms part of the new 65 series - the next generation in door and window systems from FSDC Global.
A system with an internal thermally insulated aluminium core for increased strength and rigidity, and where the finished chosen material (profile) is then bonding around, and in the case of RW55, it’s ‘Real Wood’.
This system eliminates the need for beading clips and has both matching internal and external profile contours, unless of course you want a dual material finish!
The RW55 frame provides the warmth and aesthetics that wood is renowned for, but solves the problems that some timber frames have. The aluminium skeleton inside the timber shell provide all the strength and flexibility that a standard aluminium frame provides, enabling the door (or window) panels to be built to larger sizes, without any risk of twisting/warping and reducing any seasonal growth/retraction. The thermally insulated aluminium profile and timber shell provide a thermally efficient product that will help ensure your home stays the right temperature and keeps your heating and cooling bills low.
Although this slim RW55 frame has a tighter stacking space and a lighter feel compared to the heavier RW65 version, it doesn’t lose any of the benefits.
Just as durable and strong and although used mainly for interior doors they are just as weather tight and secure.
Our EW65 aluminium reinforced hardwood timber bifold doors are custom manufactured to your exact requirements in our UK factory, meaning you are buying direct from the manufacturer!
Aluminium reinforced hardwood timber is achieved by bonding the timber around an aluminium core that achieves improved strength, stability and acoustic properties.
All our timber products are also dipped into an anti-rot, and anti-fungal treatment to protect the frames from both the harsh rays of the sun and water ingress. They are then finished to your specification using either a natural stain or a RAL colour of your choice, or if preferred we can provide the doors unfinished so you can paint or stain to your desired finish.
A matching range of windows and doors are available.
BS EN 14351-1: 2006
FSC - Environmentally sourced timber from sustainable forests
- Available in any RAL colour/natural stain/unfinished
- Anti-rot and anti-fungal treated frames
- Available with or without external cill
- Buying direct from the manufacturer
- Child friendly/fitted with finger safe gaskets
- Choice of nine threshold (bottom track) options
- Traditional appearance/modern engineering
- Dual running (top and bottom) rollers for even weight distribution
- Easy to operate - effortlessly smooth
- Solid hardwood/aluminium core
- Environmentally sourced timber from sustainable forests
- Finger safe gaskets - so no need to worry about fingers getting caught
- Factory sprayed with long life, low maintenance finishes
- Inward and outward opening options
- Low threshold - zero trip hazard/Approved Document M Disabled Access
- Mechanical life expectancy of up to 25 years
- Matching range of windows and doors available
- Secure roller system, encapsulated within the track
- Security hinges - non surface mounted
- Slim flat handles for reduced stacking for when the doors are in use
- Slim sightline of just 146mm (68/5/5/68)
- Corner posts can be incorporated to produce corner openings
- In-line out of sight track offering a practical functionality
- Pull handle(s), to enable ease of operation and easy closing
- Robust hardware using our own ‘Fold N Slide’ hardware range
- Steel wheels sealed bearings for maintenance free use
- Structurally strong - Internal; aluminium core
- Trickle Ventilation, to satisfy building regulations
- Five point multi-locking to access door with ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) security cylinders
- Three star diamond ABS TS007 euro cylinders (anti-snap, anti-pick, anti-bump, anti-drill)
- Encapsulated rollers/running gear within the track, preventing it from being attacked
- End panels and access doors are fitted with high security locking mechanisms
- Hardened steel hook locks and dead bolts
- Internally glazed/beaded (option to upgrade to laminated impact glass)
- Option of key locking shoot-bolts are available for added security and external access
- Passed tests equivalent to a twenty stone man trying to force entry
- Tongue and groove (interlocking) door panels to prevent lever opening
- Security hinges (non face fixed) to prevent the pins from being removed and the hinge being forced from the door
- Shoot bolts - Top and bottom, locate directly into both top and bottom track
- High performance seals/gaskets
- PVC Nitrile (synthetic rubber) gaskets, fitted as standard and used to seal the double glazed units into the panels and protect the door from water ingress
- PVC Nitrile seals between each panel (including top and bottom of the panel) to prevent water, wind and noise from entering the property
- Tested for water ingress, wind resistance and air permeability
- Weather head drip bar
The main properties of PVC Nitrile is its outstanding heat, acoustic and thermal resistances.
- No condensation
- Super Spacer® bars fitted as standard to glass units
- As a naturally insulating material, timber has strong thermal performing properties
- Thermally insulated aluminium track
- U-Value of complete unit from 1.09 W/m2k
- UKAS PAS23 weather tested
- Weather tested to over 300 pascals
|Frame width:||68mm / 2¾inn|
|Frame depth:||53mm / 2in|
|Maximum opening width:||18300mm / 60ft|
|Maximum opening height:||3000mm / 10ft|
|Panel height range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 3000mm / 10ft|
|Panel width range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 2100mm / 7ft|
|Material:||Solid Engineered Hardwood (European Oak or Eucalyptus)/Aluminium core|
|Stock colours:||Unfinished natural European Oak / Unfinished natural Eucalyptus|
|Optional colours:||Any RAL colour/natural stain|
|U-Value of complete unit - W/m2k:||1.09 - 1.59|
|U-Value of centre pane (Glass) - W/m2k:||0.92|
|U-Factor of complete unit - Btu/h·ft²·°F:||0.19 - 0.28|
|Aluminium thickness:||1.75mm / 1/16in|
|Glass units, standard:||24mm / 15/16 in" double glazed, low-E tempered|
|Glass units, optional:||Triple glazing, laminated, anti-sun tinting (grey, bronze, green and blue), Turtle Glass, Krypton Gas|