Learn more about the accreditations we have been awarded by clicking on the logos below.
CE CompliantBS EN 14351-1:2006
Thermal, watertightness, wind resistance, air permeability
CE Marking demonstrates a product has been tested against a harmonised standard and the performance information is reliable and has been registered by a notified body.
The Folding Sliding Door Company has produced a Declaration Of Performance and is fully CE compliant!
ISOQARISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001: 2004, BS OHSAS 18001:2007 accredited.
Certificate no. 7425
The Supplier of Choice
ISO 9001 accreditation is evidence of the rigorous assessment of our products and procedures and guarantees our commitment to quality and continuously improving our product and customer satisfaction.
ISO 14001 maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
OSHAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems-Requirements (officially BS OHSAS 18001) is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems.
Putting Customers First
We recognise that no two projects are ever the same, so we don't operate a 'one size fits all' approach to our work. Instead we look at the best approach to take on each project to achieve the best outcome, working in a collaborative way to make sure that everyone understands, and are happy with prescribed schedules of a project. Our determination to deliver a quality product to our customers and to give them high levels of service and satisfaction is matched only by our commitment to being a responsible manufacturer and employer. A commitment that begins in the boardroom and reaches every part of our business, including our supply chain and the communities we serve. We believe in doing business in a way that is fair, transparent and, above all, safe and sustainable. These are the fundamentals of responsible practice. Without them we cannot build the trust and good faith on which we trade
Prioritising Health & Safety
From the very first meeting we have together we will work with you to ensure we have everything in place to start a long, safe working partnership. By choosing to work with an OHSAS 18001 accredited company guarantees that your projects are being delivered by a conscientious and responsible organisation. Working with an organisation which is consistently identifying and controlling its health and safety risks reduces potential risks for accidents, meets legislative requirements and improves their overall performance as a result.
Operating Efficiently and Responsibly
Folding Sliding Doors Ltd recognises that our business does not exist in isolation. As a responsible organisation we are committed to operating in a way that minimises potential harm to the environment, whilst ensuring our business has the potential to succeed. Our ISO 14001 accreditation is official recognition of our environmental credentials.
For more information visit www.isoqar.com
FENSA RegisteredFENSA Registered Businesses are vetted at the start of their registration which includes checking the following:
- Pre-Approval Inspection
- Part of the pre-approval checks includes checking the company’s surveyor and installer competencies
- Employer's Liability for at least £10M
- Public Liability for at least £2M
- Customer Contract Documents with Terms & Conditions, to include a 7 day cooling off period. (MANDATORY)
- Any guarantees and warranties must be clearly written
To ensure the Building Regulations and thermal performance standards are consistently maintained, the installation work of every FENSA Registered Business is continually inspected by the UKAS accredited independent inspections body, the British Board of Agrément (BBA).
The Folding Sliding Door Company is a FENSA vetted business: Registration No. 30316.
The Guild of Master CraftsmenFor more than 30 years The Guild Of Master Craftsmen has represented over 400 different crafts, trades and professions, promoting and supporting excellence. The Guild’s emblem and Coat of Arms represent skill, integrity, quality and service.
Guild members come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Some are quite unusual, such as craftsmen in wrought iron, stained glass or thatch, others are traditional builders, plumbers or electricians. A growing number are involved in newer industries such as information technology and in the retail and service sector. The one thing they have in common is their commitment to excellence.
The Guild encourages members to strive for excellence and monitors standards to ensure that its principles are being maintained.
You can be safe in the knowledge that The Guild of Master Craftsmen undertakes rigorous vetting of all its members before they are allowed to join. Only the very best in their chosen field are accepted and standards are extremely high.
Applicants for the Guild are required to submit confidential references from satisfied customers and one of the first questions asked of all referees is whether or not they would be prepared to recommend the applicant to a relative or close friend.
The Guild's council of management looks at the business stability of the applicant, the business structure and includes a review of the references when considering the application as well as ensuring all other criteria are met. Only when they are satisfied that the applicant really does deserve to be called a master craftsman is the application approved.
All Guild members are very aware that if their quality of work and service falls to a level that is unacceptable then their membership can be withdrawn. This is a major criteria and acts as a deterrent to those who are not confident in their ability to be accepted as members and to maintain the quality of service that we insist as standard.
The Folding Sliding Door Company is an approved member of The Guild Of Master Craftsmen.
FairTradesFairTrades is the largest multi Trade Association in the UK established in the UK in June 1983. The FairTrades logo symbolises peace of mind for the customer as well as taking the worry out of finding a reputable business. All FairTrades Association Members have successfully completed a rigorous vetting procedure which requires a record of trading, Experian financial checks, a clean legal history and references from previous customers. All members must also commit to the FairTrades Customer Charter which ensures that the public are treated fairly when employing a FairTrades member.
Check out what customers say about The Folding Sliding Door Company:
FairTrades Homeowner's Charter.
- Respect the Homeowner’s rights at all times
- Act appropriately and be transparent during contract negotiations; do not exert any undue pressure to secure a contract
- Supply a written quotation when submitting a tender for contract
- Comply with all laws, statutory regulations and Building Regulations
- Maintain adequate employers and public liability insurance
- Respect the Homeowner's privacy and take all steps to ensure the security of their home and a safe working environment, with specific attention to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations and the safe and secure disposal of waste, and Work at Heights Regulations
- Ensure that all work is started and completed on the agreed dates and that any unavoidable changes are clearly communicated to the homeowner
- Arrive at the agreed time for appointments with the homeowner and to give advance warning of any unavoidable delay
- Ensure that all work is completed to pre-defined specifications and budgets as defined in an agreed contract. All changes must be communicated and agreed with the homeowner prior to proceeding
- Ensure that all works are completed to the highest possible standards and that all guaranteed elements of work are agreed
- Leave all areas clean and tidy at the end of the day, and to remove all rubbish upon completing the contract
- Have a complaints procedure that ensures you will respond to any complaint in a reasonable time and in a proper manner
- Be fully responsible for all colleagues and sub-contractors in meeting these standards at all times
- Provide written guarantees for workmanship and materials and, whenever possible, an Insurance Backed Guarantee; at the very least provide information to allow the offer of an Insurance Backed Guarantee
- Ensure that current excellent legal and financial credit rating is maintained and does not fall below our required limits. This ensures that only the most professional and reliable contractors remain on the directory.
TrustMarkGovernment endorsed standards, Quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction.
TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 30 plus scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators. These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
What makes selecting TrustMark tradesmen so worthwhile?
- A firm's technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspections, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
- Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
- The approved scheme operator has checked and will continue to monitor the firm's quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
- Firms are able to offer an Insurance Backed Warranty;
- Deposit Protection Insurance is available for consumers in the event a firm should cease trading;
- Firms will be able to tell you about any building regulations you must comply with and may also be able to provide appropriate certificates;
- If you have a problem or disagreement with the firm, there will be a clear and user-friendly complaints procedure to help resolve the issue;
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
The Folding Sliding Door Company has attained The TrustMark Quality Standard
We reuse and recycle nearly all of our waste, recycling aluminium and PVCu/vinyl through a recycling agent, and recycling our timber waste to fuel heaters to heat the factory through the use of a briquette machine.
Approved Document QApproved Document Q, Security in dwellings* Covers the standards for windows to resist physical attack by a burglar (sufficiently robust & fitted with appropriate hardware).
The Folding Sliding Door Company manufacture / fabricate a system successfully tested in accordance with PAS 24:2012 - clauses A.3, B.4.4.2, B.4.4.3, B.4.4.4, B.4.5, B.4.6, B.4.7, B.4.8 and B.4.9 and can offer this test evidence to builders / homeowners alike.
More information can be read here
Secured by DesignWe are proud to announce that The Folding Sliding Door Company is now a member of Secured by Design, a flagship UK police initiative to help 'design out' crime through the use of high-quality innovative products and processes. Secured by Design is the only form of Police approval for products in the UK.
In order to achieve Secured by Design status, the Q72 70mm Aluminium folding sliding bi-fold door had to adhere to the organisation’s rigorous test standards.
10 Year Insurance Backed Warranty covered by HomePro InsuranceWarranty Deposit indemnity insurance is automatically included at no additional cost. The Folding Sliding Door Company also include a separate insurance backed warranty, so in the unlikely event that The Folding Sliding Door Company cannot honour the original agreement, then a 10 year warranty is fully covered by HomePro insurance.
Separate insurance guarantees are regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) who are the independent watchdog who regulate financial services.