The Folding Sliding Door Company ONLY use FSC Certified Hardwood Timber (environmentally sourced from sustainable forests) in manufacture of our timber doors.
As a manufacturer that creates a lot of waste, we feel that it is our moral responsibility to recycle all of our waste, that is why we are committed to a waste management system. All of our factory has to be fitted out with sodium lighting that uses approximately 10% of the electricity that a florescent light uses and produces more light.
We reuse and recycle nearly all of our waste, recycling aluminium and uPVC/vinyl through a recycling agent, and recycling our timber waste to fuel heaters to heat the factory through the use of a briquette machine.
- Our timber waste is chipped and collected by a large extraction unit
- The chipped waste timber is then extracted to a briquette machine
- The briquette machine compresses the waste with 8 tonnes of pressure
- Small briquettes of timber waste are formed that are nearly as hard as a cricket ball
- These briquettes are then used to fuel heaters to heat the factory
- All of our aluminium waste is placed in bins that are collected by a recycling agent