Ultimate performance in High Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ) conditions
With Florida Building Code approval, the HD82 Impact Rated system met and exceeded the performance requirements set forth by the organization which tests products designed and manufactured to comply with requirements of the Florida Building Code including the High Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ).
Large Missile Impact test procedures
Uniform Static Air Pressure Loading testing for impact and non impact resistant building envelope components
Cyclic Wind Pressure Loading test procedures
Water Infiltration and Resistance test procedures, dynamic and passive
Forced entry test procedures
The HD82 Impact Rated system is offered in a range of configurations, multiple sill types and impacted rated thermal glass options - all suited for the most severe climates and weather conditions.
This 70mm / 2¾" system offers the modern look coupled with strength, durability and low maintenance. The thermally broken profile provides a efficient product that will help ensure your home stays the right temperature and keeps your heating and cooling bills low.
A matching range of windows and doors are available.
- Slim sightlines & a choice of frame designs
- Thermally broken for greater thermal efficiency
- Finger safe and severe weather rated seals and gaskets
- Marine treatment available for salt water environments
- Dual running roller system, encapsulated in the track
- Improved structural integrity
- Hidden Rollers and locking
- Heavy-duty corner connectors for strength and durability
- Hard wearing material & finish
- Resistant to scratching & denting
- Any RAL or Dual colour option
- DP70 Impact Rating
- No condensation
- Maintenance free, life expectancy of up to 25 years
- End panels and pass doors are ﬁtted with high security locking mechanisms
- Intermediate panel joints are held closed by internal shoot-bolts top and bottom
- Option of key locking shoot-bolts are available for added security and external access
- Internally glazed for all systems (option to upgrade to laminated impact glass)
- Finger safe gaskets are designed to be safe should ﬁngers get trapped upon closing
- Encapsulated running gear within the track, preventing it from being attacked
- Tongue and groove (interlocking panels) design to prevent panels from being crow barred open
- Document Q, Security - Dwellings PAS 24:2012.
Powder coatingAll of our aluminium products are powder coated which exceeds the current industry standard. There are hundreds of RAL colours that you can choose from.Our powder coatings have a life expectancy of up to 25 years and are maintenance free.To choose your colour accurately and to get a more precise idea of what the colour looks like, it is advised that you obtain a printed RAL colour chart from your local decorators' merchant.
Translucent Wood Coatings & Custom coloursAll of our wood products are factory sprayed as standard with the highest quality coatings on the market. Choose a natural stain to enhance your choice of woodgrain or choose any RAL paint reference to match an existing building project or existing windows and doors, or if you prefer left natural, the choice is yours.Our factory spray coatings are applied to the timber in three coats at 250 microns per coat, this is comparable with up to 15 coats of brush-applied paint.Our factory spray coatings are low maintenance and have a very long-life span, up to 10 years before requiring first maintenance.
Our standards are high
Double glazed, insulating glass, 1⅛" / 28mm constructed units fitted with Super Spacer® Bars
4mm toughened outside, 14mm cavity and 10mm impact glass inside.
Laminated Glass / Impact Glass resists penetration – glass may break but the plastic inner layer retains overall integrity and continues to act as a barrier.
- Protects against break-ins by preventing or slowing down burglary attempts.
- Withstands repeated blows from heavy objects such as bricks, hammers, crowbars and similar hand held heavy objects. Depending on the extent of the attack, the product remains integral and protects the premises adequately and limits penetration whilst awaiting replacement.
Toughened glass is a safety glass, shatters into small pieces, is about 4 times stronger than standard glass, is resistance to thermal stress and impact resistance. Argon, has a 34% lower thermal conductivity than air.
|tempered (triple glazed or laminated)|
|Frame width:||2⅜" / 60mm|
|Frame thickness:||2¾" / 70mm|
|Maximum opening width:||60' / 18300mm|
|Maximum opening height:||13' / 4000mm|
|Panel height range (min/max):||1' / 305mm - 13' / 4000mm|
|Panel width range (min/max):||1' / 305mm - 7' / 2100mm|
|Standard colour:||White (RAL 9016)|
|Optional colours:||Any RAL colour / dual colour|
|U Factor / U Value (W/m2k) complete unit:||0.25 - 0.32 / 1.42 - 1.83|
|Guarantee (Product):||up to 25 years|
|Guarantee (Manufacturers):||10 years|
|Aluminium thickness:||1/16" / 1.75mm|
|Glass units, standard (optional):||1⅛" / 28mm double glazed, low-E|
The HD82s Impact Rated Aluminium system incorporates a more aesthetic contour which embraces the characteristics usually associated with timber profile design.
The HD82b has a sharper look for a modern design. Both options provide the same level of ultimate performance in HVHZ conditions and other wind-borne areas with an outstanding DP70 rating.
Bottom Track Options
We manufacture an inline out of sight track system, this track system is strong and secure, and all running gear is concealed (which ever option you choose) and is resistant to attack from potential intruders, we offer both inward and outward opening options. Our flush track option is also water resistant, many other systems do not offer these options.
There are threshold details to suit all applications, some people prefer a step on the inside and outside, some prefer a step on the outside only. But for the many, they prefer flush threshold that blends the inside floor with the outside floor, especially those with children, elderly or someone in a wheel chair.