FSDC Global have over 20 years experience!
We have over 20 years experience in the design, manufacture and evolution of folding sliding doors/bifold doors (or whichever term you know them as: according doors, concertina doors, folding patio doors or folding glass doors) and was the first company in the UK to offer such a product. It also gave the company its original name.
As FSDC Global are committed to delivering fit for purpose quality door and windows, all of our products go through the relevant testing bodies to gain the appropriate certification(s) for their intended territory.
Listed below are FSDC Global’s certifications, for specific products, regions and services and a little about what they mean for our customers:
Approved Document Q: Security - Dwellings
Building regulation for England covering security in dwellings. Doc-Q sets out reasonable standards for doors and windows to resist physical attack by a casual or opportunist burglar by being both sufficiently robust and fitted with appropriate hardware.
What does Approved Document Q ask for & where?
Approved Document Q applies to all new dwellings, including those resulting from a change in use of an existing building, such as commercial premises, warehouses and barns undergoing conversions into dwellings. It also applies within Conservation Areas.
Approved Document Q creates security requirements in relation to doors at the entrance to a building, including garage doors where there is a connecting door to the dwelling: ground floor, basement and other easily accessible windows; and any easily accessible roof-lights. The requirement is that the product must be shown to have been manufactured to a design that has been tested to an acceptable security standard.
FSDC Global manufacture many products that are Approved Document Q, such as our Q72 Aluminium Security Enhanced and Q68 Security Enhanced Hardwood Timber Bi-fold Doors and our Sliding Door range, test evidence to builders/homeowners upon request).
Building Regulations (England)
Here’s what you can expect from our doors and window products:
UK Government Documents
Click links for further information...
- Adhering to Part B - Approved Document B: Fire safety (means of escape)
- Adhering to Part F - Approved Document F: Ventilation
- Adhering to Part L - Approved Document L: Conservation of fuel and power
(energy performance of new and existing buildings)
- Adhering to Part M - Approved Document M: Access to and use of buildings
- Adhering to Part K (previously Part N) - Approved Document K
(safety of glazing within and around buildings)
FSDC Global is a FENSA Approved Installer, Registration No. 30316.
FENSA is a UK government authorised scheme that monitors building regulation compliance for replacement doors and windows.
What does FENSA mean for our customers?
- As a FENSA Approved Installer we are assessed regularly to ensure our compliance to building regulations is continually maintained, in turn, this means we can award homeowners with a FENSA certificate when their installation is complete.
- FENSA’s mission is to improve window and door replacements across England and Wales, by professionalising installers and protecting homeowners
- FENSA make sure the work complies with building regulations, is energy efficient, and registered with the local council. And verify that every FENSA Approved Installer’s guarantee is insured.
Enhanced security performance requirements
PAS 24 is an enhanced security performance requirements for windows and doors in the UK to assess whether they can withstand a series of measured manual and mechanical tests to withstand the opportunistic intruder for a defined period of time.
FSDC Global manufacture several systems (including the latest GlassIIEdge system) to PAS 24 standards, which include tests for:
- Classification of Weather tightness in accordance with BS 6375 -1:2015
- Air permeability test in accordance with BS EN 1026:2016
- Water tightness test in accordance with BS EN 107:2000
- Resistance to wind load in accordance with BS EN 12211:2016
FSDC Global only offer fully CE compliant products.
FSDC Global has produced a declaration of performance and is fully CE compliant.
What does CE mean for our customers?
The CE mark is a claim that a particular construction product (in our case external doors and windows) can be legally placed on the market of member states of the European Economic Area (EEA) and indicates that the product is consistent with the data provided in the relevant Declaration of Performance as issued by the manufacturer.
This declaration indicates conformity with health, the safety of people, animals, and the environment is in accordance with the applicable EU directives, as well as providing information on the performance of a product, for example: thermal transmittance (U-value).
ISO Management Systems
Our Certificate Number is 7425.
FSDC Global hold several ISO international standards for Management Systems with UKAS accredited certificates accepted across the world as evidence that we meet global standards of best practice.
We hold accreditations for:
- Quality Management System (7425-QMS-001) - ISO 9001:2015 is evidence of the rigorous assessment of our products and procedures and guarantees our commitment to quality and continuously improving our product and customer satisfaction
- Environmental Management System (7425-EMS-001) - ISO 14001:2015 maps out a framework that a company or organisation can follow to set up an effective environmental management system
- Health and Safety Management System (7425-OHS-001) - ISO 45001: 2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - Requirements is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems)
American Architectural Manufacturers Association.
Our windows and doors meet stringent performance standards with the AAMA Certification Label, meaning that:
- ✓ They pass the required performance tests for resistance to air leakage, water penetration and wind pressure
- ✓ Performance tests were conducted at an independent AAMA accredited lab
- ✓ Individual components used in the window and door have passed their own separate performance tests
Florida Building Code Approved
Our certificate number is FL16291.
The Code establishes standards for performance of products, materials and systems of construction which ensures our products meet the unique requirements for a hurricane prone area.
- ✓ FSDC Global offer Hurricane Approved products (Impact rated and Non-Impact rated)
- ✓ Florida Building Code Online product approval link ... Certificate Number FL16291, click here to check us out.
National Accreditation & Management Institute.
What NAMI Approved means to our customers:
The certification and inspection process provides the buyer with quality assurance that the product that they are purchasing is the same product that was tested by an independent laboratory and will perform to the level which the test report reflects.
- ✓ Participates within a Quality Assurance Program that complies with ISO/IEC 17020 and Guide 53
- ✓ Quality Assurance ID # 2572-1, click here to check us out.
Pending approval - The National Fenestration Rating Council is committed to advancing continuous improvement of windows, doors, and skylights, contributing to making buildings more comfortable and energy efficient.
What NFRC Approved means to our customers:
The NFRC label helps you compare between energy-efficient doors and windows by providing you with energy performance ratings in multiple categories. FSDC Global are signed up to assure and demonstrate to our customers that the energy performance rating on all our door and windows products are fair, accurate and credible.
NB: You may notice memberships are listed under our registered name: ‘Folding Sliding Doors Limited’ which ‘FSDC Global’ is the trading name of. Folding Sliding Doors Limited trading as FSDC Global (Worldwide), The Folding Sliding Door Company (UK & Europe) and Fold N Slide Systems (USA).