PAS024 Security Testing
Security is paramount, so this is why the security and integrity of our bi-fold doors are subjected to destruction during tests in UKAS approved testing laboratories.
During these tests our doors were hammered, rammed, pounded, pulled, pushed, lifted and crow barred by forces that equalled a 20 stone man trying to force entry.
Below are two recordings illustrating PAS024 security testing on our bi-fold doors.
We have listed below the main security features to consider when choosing your next door and windows
- Encapsulated running gear within the track, preventing it from being attacked
- Passed tests equivalent to a twenty stone man trying to force entry
- Five point multi-locking, with ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) security euro cylinder locking, anti-snap, anti-bump, anti-pick, anti-drill and anti tamper
- Hardened steel hook locks and dead bolts
- Top and bottom shoot bolts, locate directly into both the top and bottom track
- Internally glazed for all systems (option to upgrade to laminated glass)
- High security (hidden/non face fixed) hinges to prevent the pins from being removed and the hinge being forced from the door
- Tongue and groove (interlocking) door panels to prevent lever opening
- Document Q, Security – Dwellings PAS 24:2012. Products available
Encapsulated running gear
Fitted as standard to all bi-fold door products
All our bi-fold doors and bi-fold windows are fitted as standard with encapsulated running gear (robust rollers fitted within the top and bottom tracks), and hidden hinge fixings, both preventing it from being attacked.
Photo shows Stainless Steel bottom roller encapsulated within the bi-fold door bottom track (raised track option).
Ingenious Duplex Multi-point Lock
Recognised by the police as offering the highest level of security, it features a state off the art centre gearbox at its heart and the mechanism of the lock is packed with features that give the end user complete peace of mind
Rigorously tested and boasting impressive durability, this fantastic door lock features two sets of opposing hooks for added functionality allowing it to fit seamlessly into the door.
- Ergonomically-designed hold back snib on the faceplate prevents accidental lock outs
- The very latest high specification materials and manufacturing techniques have been utilised to provide smooth, flawless operation
- Twin hook locking points provide next-generation enhanced security
- High security, cast zinc hooks, provide anti-lift technology and a unique pincer movement for a strong vice-like grip
- Two Duplex Hooks, Twin Spindle, Reversible Latch and four Adjustable Rollers
- PAS 24 Compliant and Secured by Design Approved
- BS 6375-2 Compliant, BS EN 1670 Grade 5, 480 hrs NSS
Photo shows Ingenious Duplex Lock and its accreditations.
Security Euro cylinders
Sold secure Diamond standard and Secured by Design approved
5 point multi-locking, enabled by our ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) cylinders. Security cylinders with many features: anti-snap, anti-bump, anti-pick, anti-drill and anti tamper.
We also offer Keyed Alike. Keyed alike means one key fits all locks, for example your front and back door locks can both use the same key or every lock in your entire home can use the same key. Having your locks keyed alike is beneficial if you want to open and close all your door locks with one key.
An interlocking Tongue and Groove steel security feature
All of our doors come as standard with this unique inbuilt interlocking panel security features to prevent panels from being crow barred open. Excludes GG series.
This built in feature blocks a crowbar from fully entering, getting purchase and levering open, and runs the full length on every connecting door panel.
Photo shows cross section of aluminium bi-fold door profile illustrating interlocking panel feature.
All our doors and windows are internally glazed as standard
Being internally glazed means there are no external beads holding the glass units into the door/window, which for many older systems wasn’t the case - meaning a burglar could remove the beading and take the glass out to gain access.
For further increased security customers have the option to upgrade to laminated glass, which is useful for concealed or low lying glazed areas.
Photo shows external side of anodised aluminium bi-fold door panels (glazing beads are internal).
High security butt hinges
Non face fixed
High security hinges to prevent the pins from being removed and the hinge being forced from the door.
We also offer a Stainless Steel option.