Glazing options available for doors and windows
As well as all the glass options which can make a huge difference to the thermal, acoustic and aesthetic properties of your chosen door and window products, you have various glazing options available too for your doors and windows.
Some are specific to the material choice, some are structural requirements while others are purely design aesthetics.
Georgian Bar (Internal)
Applied internally to the glazing units. Placed between two panes of glass achieving a Georgian window style, available in different designs, sizes and colours.
- This has the benefit of larger surface glass areas for cleaning
- Designs – Horizontal, Traditional Georgian Grid or Bespoke
- Colours – White, Rosewood, Black, Grey, Cream & Light oak
- Georgian Bars available in 18mm and 25mm bar widths
Transoms are horizontal glazing bars that match the profile of the door or window. It divides the glass into two separate units, a unit at the top and a unit at the bottom of each door panel. Transoms are 80mm wide for Aluminium/PVCu and 60mm wide for timber doors. Some extra tall door and windows could command a transom for structural strength.
- The Transom is built into the panel at your indicated measurement, from the bottom of the panel to the centre of the transom
Mullions are vertical glazing bars that match the profile of the door or window. It divides the glass into two separate units, a unit to the left and a unit to the right of each door panel. Mullions are 80mm wide for Aluminium/PVCu and 60mm wide for timber doors.
- The Mullion is built into the panel at your indicated measurement, from the left of the panel to the centre of the mullion
Deep Bottom Rail (timber only)
Option ONLY available for Timber products. Set within the door or window frame, we can add increments of 68mm deep timber bar(s) to increase the bottom rail.
- Used for decorative/aesthetic purposes, to match interior skirting etc
Sealed within the glazed units, blinds stay clean and free of damage from children, pets, and anything else.
No dusting, no tangled or dangling cords, no crimping or denting and because they’re protected between glass they retain their ‘like new’ look over time and with repeated use.
Find out more about our Integral/Internal blinds.
Unglazed door/window option
Please be aware that this option does not come with a DECLARATION OF PERFORMANCE certificate.
We offer this option as we would to trade customers.
- Suitable for supply only, to be glazed by third party