You’ve ordered you new folding sliding patio door, what preparations are required to ensure a trouble free installation?
- Is the opening size correct? – Ensure you have at least 12mm-20mm (1/2"-3/4") of tolerance in the opening.
- Do I need a threshold channel? – If you are looking to have a flush threshold, ensure there is room to fit the bottom track into the floor.
- Is the opening level? – check your levels using a spirit level or laser level.
- Is the opening clean? – Ensure to remove any loose debris from the frame or threshold channel.
- Have you made room? – Ensure there is a clear walkway for the installers to carry the doors through to its point of install, ensure there is enough space near the install for the crew to work.
- Is it safe? – Make sure the area is a safe environment to work in.
- No surprises! – Make sure to advise the installer in advance of anything that could cause a potential problem.
- Stairways to negotiate
- Security gates
- Limited working hours
- Parking restrictions
- Site safety meetings
- Or any other pertinent issues
- Legal requirements – If applicable, ensure planning permission or permits been approved by your local government.