Security enhanced doors and certified ‘Approved Document Q’ for the UK. These door have been tested to destruction.
10 Year Manufacturers Warranty
10 Year Insurance Backed Warranty
25 Product Warranty
£1,000 Security Warranty
AA72 Premium Aluminium
Key Features as Standard
Safety & Security Features
Q72 Threshold Options
Weather & Thermal Efficiency
The Q72 bifold door is similar in appearance to our AA72 system, but with hidden additional features to increase it’s strength and security to enable this to surpass Approved Document Q status.
The main difference is that the thermally broken aluminium profile is reinforced with steel running throughout all of the door panel perimeter, additionally the interlocking tongue & groove feature is solid and the glass units are laminated to resist a sustained attack. The security and integrity of our Q72 system has been tested to destruction in an UKAS approved testing station, during these tests our doors were hammered, rammed, pounded, pulled, pushed, lifted and crow barred by forces that equalled a 20 stone man trying to force entry. With the addition all these enhancements makes the A72 one of the highest specification thermally broken aluminium systems on the market today!
Exceptionally durable, versatile and secure, the Q72 can work within any living arrangement or commercial situation, providing the ultimate WOW factor, in terms of aesthetics, functionality and security.
The Q72 offers a modern look coupled with strength, durability and low maintenance, and is the go to bifold door for new homes and renovation projects. The Q72 aluminium system is compliant with Approved Document Part Q for Dwellings (and new builds) in the UK and meets the requirements of PAS 24.
Thermally insulated profiles provide a product that is also highly thermally efficient, ensuring your home stays the right temperature throughout the year, keeping your heating and cooling bills low, saving you money!
The Q72 is bespoke made to your exacting requirements - meaning as a customer you get to specify; dimensions, product style, opening style, configuration, colour, finish, hardware, thresholds, glass specification, glazing options, magnetic stops, ventilation and internal blinds.
Our Q72 aluminium system can also be manufactured in as little as five days, when using our standard colours; Jet Black (RAL 9005 matt), Traffic White (RAL 9016 satin) and Anthracite Grey (RAL 7016 matt).
A matching range of windows and doors are available to complement the Q72 bifold door.
BS EN 14351-1: 2006
Approved Document Q
- Available in any RAL, special colour/texture, anodised colour, or dual colour option
- Available with or without external cill
- Buying direct from the manufacturer
- Child friendly / fitted with finger safe gaskets
- Choice of nine threshold (bottom track) options
- Contemporary modern appearance
- Dual running (top & bottom) rollers for even weight distribution
- Easy to operate - effortlessly smooth
- Finger safe gaskets - so no need to worry about fingers getting caught
- Hard wearing powder coated finish / resistant to scratching & denting
- Heavy duty corner connectors for increased strength, durability & rigidity
- Inward & outward opening options
- Low threshold - zero trip hazard / Approved Document M Disabled Access
- Maintenance free, life expectancy of up to 25 years
- Matching range of windows and doors available
- Secure roller system, encapsulated within the track
- Security hinges - non surface mounted
- Slim flat handles for reduced stacking for when the doors are in use
- Slim sightline of just 130mm (60/5/5/60)
- Steel reinforced profile
- Corner posts can be incorporated to produce corner openings
- In-line out of sight track offering a practical functionality
- Marine treatment available for salt water environments
- Outlet Water escape
- Pull handle(s), to enable ease of operation and easy closing
- Resistant to scratching & denting
- Robust hardware using our own ‘Fold N Slide’ hardware range
- Steel wheels sealed bearings for maintenance free use
- Structurally strong - built to last
- Thicker, stronger aluminium profiles than most competitors
- Trickle Ventilation, to satisfy building regulations
- Five point multi-locking to access door with ‘Secured by Design’ (SBD) security cylinders
- Three star diamond ABS TS007 euro cylinders (anti-snap, anti-pick, anti-bump, anti-drill)
- Document Q Approved, Security – Dwellings PAS 24:2012.
- Encapsulated rollers/running gear within the track, preventing it from being attacked
- End panels and access doors are fitted with high security locking mechanisms
- Hardened steel hook locks and dead bolts
- Impact (laminated) glass
- Intermediate panel joints are held closed by internal shoot-bolts top and bottom
- Internally glazed/beaded
- Option of key locking shoot-bolts are available for added security and external access
- Passed tests equivalent to a twenty stone man trying to force entry
- Security hinges (non face fixed) to prevent the pins from being removed and the hinge being forced from the door
- Solid tongue and groove (interlocking) door panels to prevent lever opening
- Secure roller system, encapsulated within the track
- Shoot bolts - Top and bottom, locate directly into both top and bottom track
- Steel reinforced aluminium profile
- Stronger/thicker (1.75mm) aluminium profile
We currently offer nine threshold options to satisfy all applications and current building regulations, with all options available as either inward or outward opening. But for the many, the most popular option is our flush threshold that blends the inside floor with the outside floor, especially those with children, elderly or wheel chair users.
Our flush track also certifies as Part M disabled access compliant, is fully weather-rated and the profile itself is available in a choice of 2 colours / finishes; anodised silver (standard) and bronze.
Flush track with rebate
Flush track with cill
Flush track with cill and rebate
Raised track with rebate
Raised track with cill
Raised track with cill and rebate
Raised track with double cill
- High performance seals/gaskets
- PVC Nitrile (synthetic rubber) gaskets, fitted as standard and used to seal the double glazed units into the panels and protect the door from water ingress
- PVC Nitrile seals between each panel (including top and bottom of the panel) to prevent water, wind and noise from entering the property
- Tested for water ingress, wind resistance and air permeability
- Weather head drip bar - moulded top profile
The main properties of PVC Nitrile is its outstanding heat, acoustic and thermal resistances.
- No condensation
- Super Spacer® bars fitted as standard to glass units
- Thermally insulated aluminium profiles
- Thermally insulated aluminium track
- U-Value of complete unit from 1.42 W/m2k
- UKAS PAS23 weather tested
- Weather tested to over 300 pascals
|Frame width:||60mm / 2⅜in|
|Frame depth:||70mm / 2¾in|
|Maximum opening width:||18300mm / 60ft|
|Maximum opening height:||4000mm / 13ft|
|Panel height range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 4000mm / 13ft|
|Panel width range (min/max):||305mm / 1ft - 2100mm / 7ft|
|Material:||Aluminium (thermally insulated)|
|Stock colours:||9016 Traffic White (Satin)/9005 Jet Black (Matt)/7016 Anthracite Grey (Matt)|
|Optional colours:||Any RAL colour/dual colour/anodised or special finish|
|U-Value of complete unit - W/m2k:||1.42 - 1.83|
|U-Value of centre pane (Glass) - W/m2k:||0.92|
|U-Factor of complete unit - Btu/h·ft²·°F:||0.31 - 0.57|
|Aluminium thickness:||1.75mm / 1/16in|
|Warranty (Product):||Up to 25 years|
|Warranty (Manufacturers):||10 years|
|Glass units, standard:||28mm / 1⅛in double glazed, low-E tempered|
|Glass units, optional:||Triple glazing, laminated, anti-sun tinting (grey, bronze, green and blue), turtle glass, krypton gas|